du demonstrates exciting new digital applications at GITEX Technology Week 2012
Dubai, UAE: During GITEX Technology Week 2012, visitors to du’s stand (#Z-F20) are able to experience first-hand an exciting selection of the telecom’s bouquet of digital content solutions. They represent the ways in which du goes the extra mile in order to provide its customers with the latest revolutionary technologies that bring more convenience to everyday life.
“Our vision is to enhance our customers’ lives, anytime and anywhere. That is precisely what our newest suite of digital content solutions does, by resolving matters such as missing the start of your favourite TV show, or finding your way around the city,” said Farid Faraidooni, Chief Commercial Officer, du. “We are delighted with the response of visitors to our stand at GITEX this year, and are pleased to have shown them the many ways in which we add life to life through our innovative services.”
On display at du’s GITEX Technology Week stand is:
– Rewind TV: Never miss the beginning of a show again! Rewind TV allows du TV customers to rewind up to four hours on selected channels, without the need to pre-record.
– Multiscreen: With this next generation service, slated for a launch next year, du’s customers can access du TV on their smartphones or tablets using either Wi-Fi or 3G, to experience ‘TV everywhere’.
– du Navigator: Based on the award-winning Wisepilot, this customised du navigation solution will keep customers in touch with their surroundings, no matter where they are. With voice and visual instructions, traffic information and updated maps, du Navigator will become an essential part of customers’ lives.
– Talk to the Star: This unique service allows du’s customers to talk to their favourite stars via a pre-defined line. This included a live interaction with UAE songstress Shamma Hamdan at GITEX, who hosted her Talk to the Star session at 5pm on Wednesday 17th October!
– OTT service: The service will enable satellite dish TV customers to access the full catalogues of du’s hugely popular Movies on Demand and On Demand Club services through their satellite receiver.